Are you handy with yarn and a needle? Knitting and crochet projects are a fun way to decorate your home and make it feel comfortable, especially in the fall and winter. Free patterns are easy to find and can help your home decor become more cozy and welcoming. Check out these fun projects.
Blankets and throws
One of the easiest ways to make your home feel comfortable and cozy is to have blankets and throws around for your guests to snuggle up in. It’s also one of the most common things made with yarn and needles.
- Color Pop Chevron Blanket: This blanket has a contemporary zig-zag pattern. It requires 14-inch, single point needles and three yarn colors that look good together. It’s an easy design that’s perfect for beginners.
- Lattice and Basketweave Throw: This pattern makes a throw that is approximately 150 x 190 cm. It requires 10 mm knitting needles and is knitted in three panels that you stitch together at the end.
Throw pillows and cushions
A great way to bring color to your home is with pillows and cushions. They add softness and appeal to any space.
- Puff Mama Cushion: This cushion resembles a ball and it is the perfect place for a child to sit comfortably. It is made in rows of 48 stitches with 15-inch circular needles and 1000 g yarn. You can also do a stripe pattern by alternating thread colors on each row.
- Knit Cable Pillow: This standard throw pillow features a cable pattern in rows. You need 10-inch knitting needles, a cable needle, any other yarn, and a 12″x12″ pillow form.
Home decor miscellaneous
You aren’t limited to blankets and pillows with yarn and needle crafts; there are all sorts of home decor projects you can do. They’ll give your home an authentic, lived-in feeling that is comfortable.
- Doily Table Cloth: This doily is a Danish design made by a combination of knitting and crochet. It requires small knitting needles and tightly woven yarn or cord. Several other doily designs are available for free from the same designer.
- One Skein Bunny: This cute knitted bunny is a fun and kid friendly decoration for your home. It requires bent tip steel yarn needles and a crochet hook.
Save money on holiday decorations by making them yourself. Plus, these craft projects will give your home that personalized touch for the holidays that makes your home inviting.
- Knitted Pumpkin: This little knitted pumpkin decoration looks great in a table arrangement for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or the fall. It’s really easy to make and all you need is some scrap yarn, 4-inch double-pointed knitting needles, and a darning needle.
- Tiny Trees: Instead of buying expensive ornaments for your Christmas tree, you can use this pattern to make them yourself. These tiny tree ornaments can be made in any color yarn and they require a 12-inch, single point needle.
Have fun creating!
These are just a few free patterns you can use to make comfortable crafts for your home. Many of them are for beginners so they won’t overwhelm you if you aren’t yet a pro yarn crafter. Have fun with your projects and use them to give your home an extra special touch.