How do I install slate on a vertical surface?
Here is a good solution – StoneWall High Performance Non-Sag Mortar from Bostik.
StoneWall is for interior or exterior, commercial or residential installations to set all types of porcelain, Saltillo, ceramic, granite, slate, marble, limestone, and dimension stone tiles. StoneWall is formulated to prevent large bodied ceramic, porcelain and stone tiles from slipping in vertical applications. StoneWall is also suitable for installing floor tiles.
• Excellent for Large Bodied Tile and Stone in Vertical Applications.
• Exceeds ALL requirements of ANSI A118.1, A118.4 and A118.11.
• Excellent for use on all approved floors and walls.
• For interior and exterior jobs.
• High Compressive Strengths for Extra Heavy Service.
Click here for the data sheet for this mortar.
For more information on other mortars that are on offer from Bostik, click here.