BuildDirect is looking to publish real pictures from customers who’ve purchased from us. If we publish them on our main website (www.builddirect.com) we’ll pay you $100.
To increase your chances of being picked up, please read the guidelines below.
Room styles we’re looking for
Submission guidelines for room scenes photos
- The room needs to show a large cross section of flooring
- It also needs to display enough other elements to be considered a “room”. Shots that focus solely on the product with a corner of furniture or cabinet included won’t be usable.
- Likewise, shots that don’t show enough floor/product won’t be usable. Some examples of suitable room scenes can be seen above.
Try to send your pictures in as high a resolution as you can. This will increase your chances of being published. The file size for your photo(s) should not be smaller than 2.0 megabytes = 2,000 kb.
- Left click your mouse button once on the file you would like to select (this selects the file).
- Then Right click your mouse button once (while the file is selected)
- Scroll down and click on “Properties” – You should now see the below tab with the information being representative of your file.
Here’s where to find the resolution of your image in a Windows environment once you’ve done all of that:
We prefer pictures in landscape format. Landscape means that the horizontal side is longer than the vertical one, like this one:
Before you send us multiple shots, please submit a test shot to BuildDirect for approval prior to shooting a number of room scenes. This will help us confirm that the setup will be suitable for use on our website and marketing materials.
Take a great photo!
If you’re interested in more information about how to get the best results, and increase your chance for getting $100 for your image, check out these tips for taking great photos.
If you have any questions call us anytime at 1-877-631-2845, our friendly customer service reps will be glad to help.
Good luck, and have fun!