If you’re interested in renovating with tile, porcelain tile is definitely worth considering. Able to endure heavy foot traffic in both residential and commercial locations, all while keeping their appearance, they are regarded as an ideal choice for flooring applications. Here are 9 reasons why porcelain tiles are a smart flooring choice:
- They are both harder and denser than many other ceramic tile products
- Porcelain tiles are frost-resistant, and often frost-proof
- They are highly resistant to stain, scratch, and moisture
- Porcelain is a durable and hard wearing material that is resistant to harsher cleaning agents, scratches, stains, fading, heavy loads, and fire
- Options with a PEI 4 or 5 rating can be installed in commercial spaces with heavy foot traffic
- Offered in a wide range of colors and textures, the design options available are virtually endless. Skilled professionals can accurately recreate many natural surfaces including wood grain and marble patterns
- Since it contains less clay and more feldspar (a mineral), and is pressed at a higher pressure than other ceramic options, it has a high breaking strength
- Due to its incredibly low water absorption rate, porcelain stains less and is easier to clean
- With no polishing, waxing, or sealing required, porcelain tile flooring is easy to maintain. Simply clean with a damp mop.
Click here to take a look at our stunning, yet practical selection of porcelain tile. Discover the right surface for your space.