Laminate flooring is being selected by many homeowners who want a replica or imitation of solid wood floors, with some added benefits. Here is a quick review of the advantages and workability of laminate flooring.
1. Laminate wood flooring is not real wood but has recently become a popular alternative to real wood and vinyl floors.
2. Laminate flooring is highly scratch resistant and also resists extreme impact and wear.
3. A laminate floors are exceptionally stain resistant.
4. Laminate flooring does not fade due to exposure to sunlight.
5. A laminate floor does not need to be waxed or polished.
6. Most of the laminate wood flooring can be used in a multitude of areas. However, it is not advised to install laminate floors in heavily wet areas. Excessive moisture can affect a laminate floor’s inner core and may falter its overall performance.
7. Laminate floors are widely installed in family rooms, living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms and dens. Also, most of the laminate wood flooring can be used over radiant heated concrete slabs.
8. Laminate floor planks can be very easily replaced if installed through a common glueless floating method.
9. Laminate floors are available in various designs and are very easy to fix on any type of floor or existing subfloor.
10. Laminate floors, with a special underlayment, reduce the noise of footfalls.