Vinyl Plank Flooring258 Products Found
Learn More About
Redoing your flooring certainly offers a range of options, from hardwood to tile to vinyl to carpet. Of course, renovating on a budget means weighing the pros and cons of each flooring type and finding the one that sits at the intersection of affordability, durability and aesthetics. Vinyl flooring often meets those three requirements, which is why it’s such a popular choice for homeowners. Though, as with any material you use in your home, vinyl comes with its own set of benefits and frustrations. As you check out different types of vinyl, take a look at this information about plank flooring:
What is vinyl plank flooring
Vinyl plank is designed to resemble hardwood, and it comes in strips. You can find this product in a number of styles, each mimicking a specific type of wood, from oak to hickory and beyond. Because vinyl plank imitates hardwood, you’re sure to find a version that matches the rest of your home’s decor. Additionally, vinyl is the budget-friendly choice for renovators who want the look of hardwood without the challenging installation and cost.
"Renovating on a budget means weighing the pros and cons of each flooring type and finding the one that sits at the intersection of affordability, durability and aesthetics, and vinyl often meets those three requirements."
Pros and cons of vinyl plank flooring
Purchasing wood vinyl flooring can be a smart investment, but you’ll only know whether the material is right for your home by weighing the pros and cons. Here’s a look at each:
- Many models of vinyl plank are backed with a felt product. When installed, this feature translates to a softer floor with more give. The top will look like hardwood and have that strong feel, but standing on vinyl for long periods of time is easier than standing on real wood. Additionally, objects are less likely to break when dropped on vinyl, which is good news for glasses and mugs.
- Vinyl flooring is water resistant, making it a great choice for both bathrooms and kitchens. In fact, vinyl is better at sealing against water damage than laminate and hardwood. What’s more, some vinyl options are totally waterproof.
- Vinyl plank can be installed directly on top of your subfloor, making the process quick, cost-effective and easy (given that the subfloor is in good condition). When you remove your old flooring, inspect the subfloor to make sure it’s in good shape before adding vinyl on top.
- If you don’t want put a lot of effort into maintaining your floors, vinyl plank is a wise choice. The product is long-lasting, requiring only routine cleaning (i.e., sweeping and occasionally mopping) to keep it looking like new.
- Vinyl is a long-lasting flooring product and can last up to 20 years. Once it’s down, you’ll have a great floor for years to come.
- You can install in-floor heating beneath a number of vinyl flooring options if you’re looking for ways to increase luxury in your home.
- Vinyl products have a tendency to warp to any particles left beneath them during installation. For instance, a trapped bit of dust could eventually become a bump in your floors. As such, you must take extra care during installation to ensure absolutely no particles are left on the subfloor. This can be tedious, but the cleaning is well worth the final product.
- While vinyl will hold up for many years, you can damage it. Dropping a glass or moving heavy furniture can result in scuffs and gouges that are difficult to remove. If you do rearrange furniture, be sure to cover the feet with felt, or lift the piece off the ground before moving it.
- Unlike hardwood, vinyl does not add much resale value to your house. So, if you’re renovating in order to increase the value of your home, vinyl may not be the best option.
With the multitude of options out there for home flooring, you want to make sure you choose a material that suits your lifestyle and tastes. These pros and cons of vinyl plank flooring should help you decide whether it’s the right pick for your home.
What BuildDirect Customers Are Saying
When you've got a busy lifestyle, you need a flooring solution that is easy to install quickly. But, you're still looking for a surface that is practical, stylish and modern too. Good news! Vinyl planks from BuildDirect are just the thing. Each product in each line you’ll find here is designed to look great, as well as to provide incomparable convenience, with a level of versatility that expands the possibilities in homes and offices.
With vinyl planks from BuildDirect, creating continuous flooring surfaces is easy. And here at BuildDirect, we work closely with industry innovators, bringing you the latest products that make it even easier. For realistically patterned surfaces, sturdy wear layers, cutting edge locking systems, and even products that can only be found at BuildDirect, our lines of Vesdura vinyl plank flooring are set to help you to stylishly and practically transform your space.
Vinyl plank flooring from BuildDirect is designed to:
- Be almost identical to a natural surface, and endure in space where natural surfaces aren’t always practical
- Be easy and fast to install, with innovative locking systems, and floating floor and glue-down installation options
- Be abrasion-resistant, fade-resistant, moisture-resistant
- Be low-maintenance, with just a damp mop to keep it looking like new
- Be easy to buy with a protection rating that we’ve developed to help you choose the right product to match the kind of traffic your space usually gets; advanced protection, intermediate protection, and basic protection
Vinyl flooring protection rating at BuildDirect
Here’s BuildDirect’s exclusive guide to wear layers applied across our vinyl products.
Advanced protection:Typically 0.5mm and thicker, starting at 25 year residential warranty & 7 year commercial warranty.
You can use these in any residential setting, and in commercial settings, too. With Advanced protection, your vinyl floor has a strong wear-layer for more protection against denting, scuffs, scratches and staining from everyday household activities.
Typically 0.3mm to 0.5mm thickness, starting at 15 year residential warranty.
Products with this protection rating are ideal for residential installations, and light commercial ones, too. Like the Advanced protection, this rating for protection has a mid-range wear layer compatible with pet traffic, kids, and spills.
Typically less than 0.3mm, starting at 10 year residential warranty.
This protection rating is best suited for lower-traffic areas in a residence; bedrooms, guest rooms, dining rooms, and anywhere feet aren’t constantly on the move, and where sources of stress aren’t as common. Yet, these are still reliable choices for these areas.
Why buy vinyl plank flooring from BuildDirect?
BuildDirect is in direct partnership with vinyl plank flooring manufacturing innovators who are invested in making every product they create into surfaces you can be proud of. They’ve moved these unique products from the temporary floors of another era, and brought them into the modern age to appeal to the 21st Century buyer. Each selection of vinyl plank flooring is designed to perform for the long-term.
And because we are closely linked with industry experts, and with fewer parties in between, there are fewer costs associated with bringing these high-quality products to market. Fewer costs on high-quality vinyl plank floors mean lower pricing. That’s how we’re able to deliver exemplary value to you, without sacrificing the quality you expect.
We’re here to help!
Explore our great selection of low-maintenance, high-performance vinyl flooring and feel free to ask one of our friendly BuildDirect product specialists if you have any questions. Call us toll-free at 1-877-631-2845.